Is playing poker in a casino or on the computer same? Well, the game is same in bat like players bet, bluff, deliver and take bad beats. Every player defines it in their own way like some compare it to checkers and chess, while a few suggest online poker to be a video game and live poker to be like sport [playing in the field].
Digital poker world
Online poker sites are blooming consistent with many people getting attracted to this convenient form of poker world. Playing poker in your pajamas with a laptop, beer, and favorite tunes running sounds appealing.
Situs poker online [online poker sites] are adding more and more ease like offering new players a chance to play with fake money and learn the game. They offer tables of different sizes and plethora of games that can be enjoyed. Players are ranked on the basis of their winnings and losses, so you can select a table with players of nearly similar skill to yours.
Real casino world
Alternatively, at the brick and mortar casino, you experience its own unique dim-lit atmosphere, friendly dealers, cocktail waitresses bustling around tables refilling drinks, and tempting possibility of taking home good winnings. The most important detail is that you play against real physical people. At real casinos, expert poker players read their opponents body language or tells. This is one advantage that beginners playing online obtain because there are no physical tells.
Online & offline differences
- Established offline players use aggressive tactics to unnerve opponents like consistent eye contact and use fake tells, so as to bait opponents into a trap.
- Only tells in an online game is speed and betting patterns of opponents. Anonymity level produces obvious results.
- Online also offers player an opportunity to play several tables, simultaneously. Focusing on a single table can be boring for some experienced player even though online is fast-paced than live poker play.
- Digital play offers lots of information like your opponents rating, chip counts, number of time folded or stole the pot and more. It helps when calculating odds and deciding when ‘ALL IN’ gets announced. In live game, all these needs to be memorized to gain an edge.
- In live game, players ask dealers about the number of chips present, which turns the game lengthy but can frustrate opponents, who possibly make carless moves.
- The main disadvantage of migrating from online games to live poker rooms is developing patience because many online players multitask or play 3 to 4 tables, simultaneously.
Is online or offline better depends on players personal preference. Both are same side of the coin with slight difference. Try out both to add a little adventure and thrill in playing an interesting game of skill.